Since I was contemplating the idea of making a cartoon strip on call center employees and the humor in their life I read One night @ Call Center by Chetan Bhagat. He wrote another book on IITians sometime back called "5 point someone". Many friends suggested that I did not need to read that book. I already WAS a character in the book. I think even to this day how similar the experiences of people are. Is anyone really unique?
And about the book, it did not give me any new insights on the callcenter people that I did not know off. The discussion of "Duex Machina" in the epilogue was interesting. What impresses me is the strategic depth of Bhagats works. He can definitely make India read because he has a style that is very bollywood-esque and targets the younger crowd . He is not a writer . He just makes movies in print.
- Ramesh Nidadavolu
- Mumbai / Hyderabad, India
- This is not my life. Sab Phictional hain bhailog.
Ben Franklin - Notes
About Me
Junta ki adalat
Powered by Blogger Widgets
Blog Archive
[Book Review] [One night @ Call Center] by Chetan Bhagat
Posted by : Ramesh Nidadavolu on
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
|
Labels:
5 pointer,
Call Center,
Chetan Bhagat,
IIT
|
